It sounds like you've moved onto one of the development channels (those are
the only ones that update the ubuntu image daily), and may have tumbled
over this bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/webapps-core/+bug/1474356

I'm not familiar with MultiROM Manager, or the N5 image channels, but you
might prefer to use one of the more stable channels:

https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/