After upgrading to oneiric, I experienced another problem. Everything works
fine with an old flat monitor with res 1280x1024.
On a large monitor (1920x1200, IIyama) the screen is flickering/flashing. There
was many messages in Xorg.0.log  like that:
[ 24055.092] (WW) intel(0): Page flip failed: Device or resource busy
[ 24055.092] (WW) intel(0): flip queue failed: Device or resource busy

so I've disabled page flipping in /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Configured Video Device"
        Option "TripleBuffer" "false"
EndSection

(following bug #850628)
Performance is a little bit affected but it works.
Marc.

  everything on screen is garbled apart from the top bar (2 monitors,
  different resolutions, unity, natty)