Greta Regan:

>"I've had trouble trying to capture a boot log with the settings
requested in the last posting."

What are you using to capture the boot log? It shouldn't be too
difficult to record a video of the screen with a cellphone or camera
while it is booting up.

>"Different things have happened on different attempts, including the
boot stopping dead. I'll try for a couple of more days to see if I can
get a complete log to post."

Don't worry about the different variations of bad booting. If it doesn't
boot properly in any way then post a video of the failed boot,
screenshot of when the boot stopped dead, etc. Developers just need
something to get a better sense of the issue.

** Tags added: regression-update

  [HP Compaq nc6400] Blank screen on boot