Philip Ogren wrote:
Great!
Is there a complete example of an index collection descriptor file I could look at somewhere?
See section 2.4.1.7 in the reference doc: http://incubator.apache.org/uima/downloads/releaseDocs/2.1.0-incubating/docs/html/references/references.html

One easy way to generate an "importable" file of just the indexes, is to do this:

1) Use the Component Descriptor Editor to edit a regular Analysis Engine descriptor 2) Add some index definitions to this descriptor - ones that you want to have in the separate importable file. 3) Use the "export" button to export all the index definitions to a new, importable file.

Then you can look at that file to see a nice example of what it should look like.

I did this with some old test files, and it produced this (the indexes are just testing samples):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<fsIndexCollection xmlns="http://uima.apache.org/resourceSpecifier";>
 <name>sampleIndexDef</name>
 <description/>