I made sub directories “2_x” and “3_x” under docs and put a copy of the doc in
each.  No links were changed yet.  We can work on the files first and discuss
how we want to change the template and links.  I did the pull request already.

Kenneth Brotman

From: Jonathan Haddad [mailto:j...@jonhaddad.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 6:19 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: What versions should the documentation support now?

Yes, I agree, we should host versioned docs.  I don't think anyone is against
it, it's a matter of someone having the time to do it.

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 6:14 PM kurt greaves <k...@instaclustr.com> wrote:

I’ve never heard of anyone shipping docs for multiple versions, I don’t know
why we’d do that.  You can get the docs for any version you need by downloading
C*, the docs are included.  I’m a firm -1 on changing that process.

We should still host versioned docs on the website however. Either that or we
specify "since version x" for each component in the docs with notes on
behaviour.

​