Hey Jon,

* What aspects of Mission Control are dependent on using K8ssandra?

Mission Control bundles in K8ssandra for the core automation workflows
(lifecycle management, cluster operations, medusa &. reaper). In fact we
include the K8ssandraSpec in the top-level MissionControlCluster resource
verbatim.

 * Can Mission Control work without K8ssandra?

Not at this time, K8ssandra powers a significant portion of the C* side of
the stack. Mission Control provides additional functionality (web
interface, certificate coordination, observability stack, etc) and
applies some conventions to how K8ssandra objects are created / templated
out, but the actually K8ssandra operator present in MC is the same one
available via the Helm charts.

* Is mission control open source?

Not at this time. While the majority of the Kubernetes operators are open
source as part of K8ssandra, there are some pieces which are closed source.
I expect some of the components may move from closed source into K8ssandra
over time.

* I'm not familiar with Vector - does it require an agent?

Vector <https://vector.dev/> is a pretty neat project. We run a few of
their components as part of the stack. There is a DaemonSet which runs on
each worker to collect host level metrics and scrape logs being emitted by
containers, a sidecar for collecting logs from the C* container, and an
aggregator which performs some filtering and transformation before pushing
to an object store.

* Is Reaper deployed separately or integrated in?

Reaper is deployed as part of the cluster creation workflow. It is spun up
and configured to connect to the cluster automatically.

~Chris

Christopher Bradford