@Vinay!

Just saw the screenshot you attached to the first mail. The checkpoint that
failed came after one that had an incredible heavy alignment phase (14 GB).
I think that working that off threw the next checkpoint because the workers
were still working off the alignment backlog.

I think you can for now fix this by setting the minimum pause between
checkpoints a bit higher (it is probably set a bit too small for the state
of your application).

Also, can you describe what your sources are (Kafka / Kinesis or file
system)?

BTW: We are currently working on
  - incremental RocksDB checkpoints
  - the network stack to allow in the future for a new way of doing the
alignment

Both of that should help that the program is more resilient to these
situations.

Best,
Stephan