Hi Hequn,

Establishing a connection for each batch write may also have idle connection
problem, since we are not sure when the connection will be closed. We call
flush() method when a batch is finished or  snapshot state, but what if the
snapshot is not enabled and the batch size not reached before the connection is
closed?

May be we could use a Timer to test the connection periodically and keep it
alive. What do you think?

I will open a jira and try to work on that issue.

Best,
wangsan