Hi,
I checked out the hadoop trunck from
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/trunk.

I set up protobuf-2.5.0 and then did mvn  build.
mvn clean install -DskipTests .. worked well. Maven build was Successful.

So, I tried importing the project into eclipse.

It is showing errors in pom.xml of hadoop-common project. Below are the
errors .. Can some one help me here ?

Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration:
org.apache.hadoop:hadoop-maven-plugins:
 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT:version-info (execution: version-info, phase:
generate-resources

The error is at line 299  of pom.xml in hadoop-common project.

         <execution>
            <id>version-info</id>
            <phase>generate-resources</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>version-info</goal>
            </goals>
            <configuration>
              <source>
                <directory>${basedir}/src/main</directory>
                <includes>
                  <include>java/**/*.java</include>
                  <include>proto/**/*.proto</include>
                </includes>
              </source>
            </configuration>
          </execution>
          <execution>

There are multiple projects which failed of that error, hadoop-common is
one such project.

Regards,
Nagarjuna K