Hi Ted,

I didn't do that earlier.

Now , I did it
mvn:eclipse eclipse
 and tried importing the projects same into eclipse. Now, this is throwing
the following errors

1. No marketplace entries found to handle Execution compile-protoc, in
hadoop-common/pom.xml in Eclipse.  Please see Help for more information.
2. No marketplace entries found to handle Execution compile-protoc, in
hadoop-hdfs/src/contrib/bkjournal/pom.xml in Eclipse.  Please see Help for
more information.

Any idea  ??