mapred.min.split.size = mapreduce.input.fileinputformat.split.maxsize = 1
mapred.max.split.size = mapreduce.input.fileinputformat.split.maxsize =
134217728
hive.hadoop.supports.splittable.combineinputformat = false

My average file size is pretty small... it's usually between 500K and 20MB.

So it looks like the splittable support is turned off? I've been seeing
some posts on the mailing list saying there's correctness problems when
using this and LZO.

Is this still the case? Can I turn this on with LZ4?

Thanks!