Hi Mike,

I believe what we are looking for is this below. It is an often request use
case.

Anyone know if the Spark package will ever allow for creating tables in Spark
SQL?

Such as:
       CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE <table-name>
       USING org.apache.kudu.spark.kudu
       OPTIONS (Map("kudu.master" -> “<kudu-master>", "kudu.table" ->
“table-name”));

In this way, plain SQL can be used to do DDL, DML statements whether in Spark
SQL code or using JDBC to interface with Spark SQL Thriftserver.

Thanks,
Ben