I am just curious. How will Kudu compare with Aerospike
(http://www.aerospike.com)? I went to a Spark Roadshow and found out about this
piece of software. It appears to fit our use case perfectly since we are an
ad-tech company trying to leverage our user profiles data. Plus, it already has
a Spark connector and has a SQL-like client. The tables can be accessed using
Spark SQL DataFrames and, also, made into SQL tables for direct use with Spark
SQL ODBC/JDBC Thriftserver. I see from the work done here
http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/2992/ that the Spark integration is well
underway and, from the looks of it lately, almost complete. I would prefer to
use Kudu since we are already a Cloudera shop, and Kudu is easy to deploy and
configure using Cloudera Manager. I also hope that some of Aerospike’s speed
optimization techniques can make it into Kudu in the future, if they have not
been already thought of or included.

Just some thoughts…

Cheers,
Ben