Hi,

 The plugin only use the REST interface to communicate with the server, and
the protocol to download the policies are not changed recently,
so I think, you will be fine, if you compile your plugin with the latest
apache master branch, and use that jars as is.

Could you share for which component do you develop plugin for?

Best regards,
 Zsombor