Hi,
Maybe this helps you. For the "speed" layer I think something like complex
event processing as it is - to some extent - supported by Spark Streaming
can make sense. You process the events as they come in. You store them
afterwards. The Spark Streaming web page gives a nice example: trend
analysis. You detect from a lot of incoming events the current trend with
Spark Streaming and compare them to historical trends (stored in Spark,
which I would compare here with a serving layer). You can use this
information to see if customers are more happy (or more angry) with your
new products than usual.

I hope it helps. Your use case sounds very technical, it would be
interesting if you could share the business use case.

Best regards,

Jörn