Hi,

I have a piece of code in which the result of a  groupByKey operation is as
follows:

(2013-04, ArrayBuffer(s1, s2, s3, s1, s2, s4))

The first element is a String value representing a date and the ArrayBuffer
consists of (non-unique) strings. I want to extract the unique elements of
the ArrayBuffer. So I am expecting the result to be:

(2013-04, ArrayBuffer(s1, s2, s3, s4))

I tried the following:
  .groupByKey
  .map(g => (g._1, g,_2.distinct)

But I get the following  runtime error:
value distinct is not a member of Iterable[String]
[error]                    .map(g=> (g._1, g._2.distinct))

I also  tried g._2.distinct(), but got the same error.

I looked at the Scala ArrayBuffer documentation and it supports distinct()
and count() operations.  I am using Spark 1.0.1 and scala 2.10.4.  I would
like to know how to extract the unique elements of the ArrayBuffer above.

thanks