You need to change the Scala compiler from IntelliJ to “sbt incremental
compiler” (see the

screenshot below).

You can access this by going to “preferences” ­> “scala”.

NOTE: This is supported only for certain version of IntelliJ scala plugin.
See this link for details.

http://blog.jetbrains.com/scala/2014/01/30/try
­faster­scala­compiler­in­intellij­idea­13­0­2/