Hello,

I have written an Spark SQL application which reads data from HDFS  and
query on it.
The data size is around 2GB (30 million records). The schema and query I am
running is as below.
The query takes around 05+ seconds to execute.
I tried by adding
       rdd.persist(StorageLevel.MEMORY_AND_DISK)
and
       rdd.cache()
but in both the cases it takes extra time, even if I give the below query as
second the data. (assuming Spark will cache it for first query).

case class EventDataTbl(ID: String,
                ONum: String,
                RNum: String,
                Timestamp: String,
                Duration: String,
                Type: String,
                Source: String,
                OName: String,
                RName: String)

sql("SELECT COUNT(*) AS Frequency,ONum,OName,RNum,RName FROM EventDataTbl
GROUP BY ONum,OName,RNum,RName ORDER BY Frequency DESC LIMIT
10").collect().foreach(println)

Can you let me know if I am missing anything ?

Thanks,
  Shailesh