Hi,

Well, I doesn't find original documentation, but according to
http://qnalist.com/questions/2791828/about-the-cpu-cores-and-cpu-usage
<http://qnalist.com/questions/2791828/about-the-cpu-cores-and-cpu-usage>  ,
the vcores is not for physics cpu core but for "virtual" cores.
And I used top command to monitor the cpu utilization during the spark task.
The spark can use all cpu even I leave --executor-cores as default(1).

Hope that it can be a help.
Cheers
Gen

Gen wrote