If you are using capacity scheduler in yarn: By default yarn capacity
scheduler uses DefaultResourceCalculator. DefaultResourceCalculator
considerĀ¹s only memory while allocating contains.
You can use DominantResourceCalculator, it considers memory and cpu.
In capacity-scheduler.xml set
yarn.scheduler.capacity.resource-calculator=org.apache.hadoop.yarn.util.res
ource.DefaultResourceCalculator