You need to install mesos on your cluster. Then you will run your spark
applications by specifying mesos master (mesos://) instead of (spark://).

Spark can run over Mesos in two modes: “*fine-grained*” (default) and “
*coarse-grained*”.

In “*fine-grained*” mode (default), each Spark task runs as a separate
Mesos task. This allows multiple instances of Spark (and other frameworks)
to share machines at a very fine granularity, where each application gets
more or fewer machines as it ramps up and down, but it comes with an
additional overhead in launching each task. This mode may be inappropriate
for low-latency requirements like interactive queries or serving web
requests.

The “*coarse-grained*” mode will instead launch only one long-running Spark
task on each Mesos machine, and dynamically schedule its own “mini-tasks”
within it. The benefit is much lower startup overhead, but at the cost of
reserving the Mesos resources for the complete duration of the application.

To run in coarse-grained mode, set the spark.mesos.coarse property in your
SparkConf:
 conf.set("spark.mesos.coarse", "true")

In addition, for coarse-grained mode, you can control the maximum number of
resources Spark will acquire. By default, it will acquire all cores in the
cluster (that get offered by Mesos), which only makes sense if you run just
one application at a time. You can cap the maximum number of cores using
conf.set("spark.cores.max", "10") (for example).

If you run your application in fine-grained mode, then mesos will take care
of the resource allocation for you. You just tell mesos from your
application that you are running in fine-grained mode, and it is the
default mode.

Thanks
Best Regards