the values are for sure applied as expected - confirmed using the spark UI
environment page...
it comes from my defaults configured using
'spark.yarn.executor.memoryOverhead=8192' (yes, now increased even more) in
/etc/spark/conf/spark-defaults.conf and 'export SPARK_EXECUTOR_MEMORY=24G' in
/etc/spark/conf/spark-env.sh
Antony.