I think some RDD APIs like zipPartitions or others can do this as you wanted. I
might check the docs.

Thanks
Jerry

From: Shuai Zheng [mailto:szheng.c...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2015 1:35 PM
To: Shao, Saisai
Cc: user@spark.apache.org
Subject: RE: Union and reduceByKey will trigger shuffle even same partition?

This also trigger an interesting question:  how can I do this locally by code
if I want. For example: I have RDD A and B, which has some partition, then if I
want to join A to B, I might just want to do a mapper side join (although B
itself might be big, but B's local partition is known small enough put in
memory), how can I access other RDD's local partition in the mapParitition
method? Is it anyway to do this in Spark?