Hi,

I am sorry that I made a mistake on AWS tarif. You can read the email of
sean owen which explains better the strategies to run spark on AWS.

For your question: it means that you just download spark and unzip it. Then
run spark shell by ./bin/spark-shell or ./bin/pyspark. It is useful to get
familiar with spark. You can do this on your laptop as well as on ec2. In
fact, running ./ec2/spark-ec2 means launching spark standalone mode on a
cluster, you can find more details here:
https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/spark-standalone.html

Cheers
Gen