So the summarize (I had a similar question):
Spark's log4j per default is configured to log to the console? Those
messages end up in the stderr files and the approach does not support
rolling?

If I configure log4j to log to files, how can I keep the folder structure?
Should I use relative paths and assume that those end up in the same
folders the stderr files do?

Regards,
Jeff