If the mentioned conf is enabled, the rolling of the stderr should work. If
it is not, then there is probably some bug. Take a look at the Worker's
logs and see if there is any error about rolling of the Executor's stderr.
If there is a bug, then it needs to be fixed (maybe you can take a crack at
it ;) ). Alternatively, you could roll using log4j by specifying your
appender (not sure off the top of my head how to set it such that it works
on workers), but it will break viewing of logs on the Spark web UI as the
web UI will not know where to find the logs from.

TD