Hi,

I just wrote an application that intends to submit its actions(jobs) via
independent threads keeping in view of the point: "Second, within each
Spark application, multiple “jobs” (Spark actions) may be running
concurrently if they were submitted by different threads", mentioned in:
https://spark.apache.org/docs/0.9.0/job-scheduling.html

val a = sc.textFile("hdfs:\.....")
val b =a.sometransformations

Thread1 = {
 /* An action on RDD b */
}

Thread2 = {
/* An action on RDD b */
}

and so on. Basically, different actions are performed on same RDD. Now, I
just want to know if writing code like this with threads makes any
difference in execution when there are no threads written in the code ( It
means all actions are submitted via one thread, I guess). Before that, is
this a way to submits actions via multiple threads?

Thanks