Hi,

I am using custom inputformat and recordreader. This custom recordreader has declaration: public class NetCDFRecordReader extends RecordReader<WRFIndex, WRFVariableText>

The WRFVariableText extends Text:
public class WRFVariableText extends org.apache.hadoop.io.Text

The WRFVariableText overrides readFields(DataInput in) and write(DataOutput out) method. I understand that this WRFVariableText already implements serialization. But I got an exception about serialization when I ran my job using the custom inputformat and recordreader>>>

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.spark.SparkException: Job aborted due to stage failure: Task 0.0 in stage 0.0 (TID 0) had a not serializable result: no.uni.computing.io.WRFVariableText

Any ideas?

Best,
Patcharee