Hi Robin,

Thank you for your response. Please find below my question. I have a below
edge file

  Source Vertex Destination Vertex  1 2  2 3  3 4  4 5  5 6  6 6
In this graph 1st vertex is connected to 2nd vertex, 2nd Vertex is
connected to 3rd vertex,..... 6th vertex is connected to 6th vertex. So 6th
vertex is a root node. Please find below graph

[image: Inline image 1]
In this graph, How can I compute the 1st vertex parents like 2,3,4,5,6.
Similarly 2nd vertex parents like 3,4,5,6 .... 6th vertex parent like 6
because this is the root node.

I'm planning to use pergel API but I'm not able to define messages and
vertex program in that API. Could you please help me on this.

Regards,
Rajesh