I see.  I think your best bet is to create the cnnModel on the master and
then serialize it to send to the workers.  If it's big (1M or so), then you
can broadcast it and use the broadcast variable in the UDF.  There is not a
great way to do something equivalent to mapPartitions with UDFs right now.