I'm using a pre-built Spark; I'm not trying to compile Spark.

The compile error appears when I try to register HighlyCompressedMapStatus
in my program:

kryo.register(classOf[org.apache.spark.scheduler.HighlyCompressedMapStatus])

If I don't register it, I get a runtime error saying that it needs to be
registered (the error is only when I turn on kryo).

However the code is running smoothly with kryo turned off.