Hello All,

I'm using Spark for streaming but I'm unclear one which implementation
language to use Java, Scala or Python.

I don't know anything about Python, familiar with Scala and have been doing
Java for a long time.

I think the above shouldn't influence my decision on which language to use
because I believe the tool should, fit the problem.

In terms of performance Java and Scala are comparable. However Java is OO
and Scala is FP, no idea what Python is.

If using Scala and not applying a consistent style of programming Scala
code can become unreadable, but I do like the fact it seems to be possible
to do so much work with so much less code, that's a strong selling point
for me. Also it could be that the type of programming done in Spark is best
implemented in Scala as FP language, not sure though.

The question I would like your good help with is are there any other
considerations I need to think about when deciding this? are there any
recommendations you can make in regards to this?

Regards
jk