Once you setup spark-notebook, it'll handle the submits for interactive
work. Non-interactive is not handled by it. For that spark-kernel could be
used.

Give it a shot ... it only takes 5 minutes to get it running in local-mode.

*Irfan Ahmad*
CTO | Co-Founder | *CloudPhysics* <http://www.cloudphysics.com>
Best of VMworld Finalist
Best Cloud Management Award
NetworkWorld 10 Startups to Watch
EMA Most Notable Vendor

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 9:51 AM, David Holiday <dav...@annaisystems.com>
wrote:

>  hi all - thx for the alacritous replies! so regarding how to get things
> from notebook to spark and back, am I correct that spark-submit is the way
> to go?
>
> DAVID HOLIDAY
>  Software Engineer
>  760 607 3300 | Office
>  312 758 8385 | Mobile
>  dav...@annaisystems.com <broo...@annaisystems.com>
>

> www.AnnaiSystems.com
>
>  On Mar 19, 2015, at 1:14 AM, Paolo Platter <paolo.plat...@agilelab.it>
> wrote:
>
>   Yes, I would suggest spark-notebook too.
> It's very simple to setup and it's growing pretty fast.
>
> Paolo
>
> Inviata dal mio Windows Phone

>>> off. how does this get wired together on the back end? Do I, from