I have set
spark.eventLog.enabled true
as I try to preserve log files. When I run, I get
"Log directory /tmp/spark-events does not exist."
I set
spark.local.dir ~/spark
spark.eventLog.dir ~/spark/spark-events
and
SPARK_LOCAL_DIRS=~/spark
Now I get:
"Log directory ~/spark/spark-events does not exist."
I am running spark as "hduser", which I also use on the cmd(as verified in
the stdout "Set(hduser); users with modify permissions: Set(hduser)"). I am
able to cd into this directory. I can also create, view and delete files in
this directory, logged in as hduser. I checked the folder, it is owned by
hduser. I even performed chmod 777, but Spark keeps on crashing when I run
with spark.eventLog.enabled. It works without. Any hints?

Thanks,

Tom