We run Spark on Mac and Linux but also need to run it on Windows 8.1 and
 Windows Server. We ran into problems with the Scala 2.10 binary bundle for
Spark 1.3.0 but managed to get it working. However, on Mac/Linux, we are on
Scala 2.11.6 (we built Spark from the sources). On Windows, however despite
our best efforts we cannot get Spark 1.3.0 as built from sources working
for Scala 2.11.6. Spark has too many moving parts and dependencies!

When can we expect to see a binary bundle for Spark 1.3.0 that is built for
Scala 2.11.6?  I read somewhere that the only reason that Spark 1.3.0 is
still built for Scala 2.10 is because Kafka is still on Scala 2.10. For
those of us who don't use Kafka, can we have a Scala 2.10 bundle.

If there isn't an official bundle arriving any time soon, can someone who
has built it for Windows 8.1 successfully please share with the group?

Thanks,
arun