spark 'master' branch (i.e. v1.4.0) builds successfully on windows 8.1 intel i7
64-bit with oracle jdk8_45.with maven opts without the flag
"-XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=1g".
takes about 33 minutes.
Thanking you.

With Regards
Sree

     On Thursday, April 16, 2015 9:07 PM, Arun Lists <lists.a...@gmail.com>
wrote:

 Here is what I got from the engineer who worked on building Spark and using it
on Windows:
1)  Hadoop winutils.exe is needed on Windows, even for local files – and you
have to set the Hadoop.home.dir in the spark-class2.cmd (for the two lines with
$RUNNER near the end, by adding “-Dhadoop.home.dir=<dir>” file after
downloading Hadoop binaries + winutils. 2)  Java/Spark cannot delete the spark
temporary files and it throws an exception (program still works though).
Manual clean-up works just fine, and it is not a permissions issue as it has
rights to create the file (I have also tried using my own directory rather than
the default, same error).3)  tried building Spark again, and have attached the
log – I don’t get any errors, just warnings.  However when I try to use that
JAR I just get the error message “Error: Could not find or load main class
org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit”.