I am just trying to launch a spark shell and not do anything fancy. I got
the binary distribution from apache and put the spark assembly on hdfs. I
then specified the yarn.jars option in spark defaults to point to the
assembly in hdfs. I still got the same error so though I had to build it
for hdp. I am using hdp 2.2 with hadoop 2.6/