Using Spark streaming to create a large volume of small nano-batch input files,
~4k per file, thousands of ‘part-xxxxx’ files.  When reading the nano-batch
files and doing a distributed calculation my tasks run only on the machine
where it was launched. I’m launching in “yarn-client” mode. The rdd is created
using sc.textFile(“list of thousand files”)

What would cause the read to occur only on the machine that launched the
driver.

Do I need to do something to the RDD after reading? Has some partition factor
been applied to all derived rdds?