Physically? Not sure, they were written using the nano-batch rdds in a
streaming job that is in a separate driver. The job is a Kafka consumer.

Would that effect all derived rdds? If so is there something I can do to mix it
up or does Spark know best about execution speed here?

On Apr 23, 2015, at 10:23 AM, Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com> wrote:

Where are the file splits? meaning is it possible they were also
(only) available on one node and that was also your driver?