Note that O'Reilly Media has test prep materials in development.

The exam does include questions in Scala, Python, Java, and SQL -- and
frankly a number of the questions are about comparing or identifying
equivalent Spark techniques between two of those different languages. The
questions do not go into much detail for any of the languages Scala,
Python, Java -- emphasis is on using Spark, not language nuances. Also,
there is no coding required: the questions typically to have several code
blocks and you select among them to identify the best answer.

Overall the exam is targeted at an "intermediate Spark user, with
background as an application developer in either Python, Scala, or Java,
and some familiarity with Big Data and distributed systems." Those were the
requirements. Five different practice areas assess the following:

  1. Understanding breadth of Spark API usage across Scala, Java, Python
  2. Applying best practices to avoid runtime issues and performance
bottlenecks
  3. Distinguishing Spark features and practices from MapReduce usage
  4. Integrating SQL, Streaming, ML, Graph atop the Spark unified engine
  5. Solving typical use cases with Spark in Scala, Java, Python

Understanding how Spark operates in a production environment is a major
emphasis of the exam.

Understanding about typical kinds of serialization exceptions is also
important.  If you look through earlier talks about Spark best practices
from Matei Zaharia, Patrick Wendell, Reynold Xin, et al., those are great
for prep.

BTW, the Kryterion platform allows a person taking the test to mark
questions for revisiting later. So if a problem seems difficult or
non-intuitive, just mark it and move on the to the next one. Then come back
to the marked ones later.  Some questions are easier, some are harder, but
the order is always randomized. There's a 90 minute limit; however, most
people who pass finish within 60 minutes. So if you use "mark for later
review" you'll likely have time at the end to revisit the harder questions.