Did you try this?

Create an sbt project like:

 // Create your context
 val sconf = new
SparkConf().setAppName("Sigmoid").setMaster("spark://sigmoid:7077")
 val sc = new SparkContext(sconf)

 // Do some computations
 sc.parallelize(1 to 10000).take(10).foreach(println)

 //Now return the exit status
 System.exit(Some number)

 Now, make your workflow manager to trigger *sbt run* on the project
instead of using spark-submit.

Thanks
Best Regards