Thanks for the help!
I am actually trying Spark SQL to run queries against tables that I've
defined in Hive.

I follow theses steps:
- I start hiveserver2 and in Spark, I start Spark's Thrift server by:
$SPARK_HOME/sbin/start-thriftserver.sh --master
spark://spark-master-node-ip:7077

- and I start beeline:
$SPARK_HOME/bin/beeline

- In my beeline session, I connect to my running hiveserver2
!connect jdbc:hive2://hive-node-ip:10000

and I can run queries successfully. But based on hiveserver2 logs, It seems
it actually uses "Hadoop's MR" to run queries,  *not* Spark's workers. My
goals is to access Hive's tables' data, but run queries through Spark SQL
using Spark workers (not Hadoop).

Is it possible to do that via Spark SQL (its CLI) or through its thrift
server ? (I tried to find some basic examples in the documentation, but I
was not able to) - Any suggestion or hint on how I can do that would be
highly appreciated.

Thnx