On 15 Jun 2015, at 15:43, Borja Garrido Bear
<kazebo...@gmail.com<mailto:kazebo...@gmail.com>> wrote:

I tried running the job in a standalone cluster and I'm getting this:

java.io.IOException: Failed on local exception: java.io.IOException:
org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Client cannot authenticate
via:[TOKEN, KERBEROS]; Host Details : local host is:
"worker-node/0.0.0.0<http://0.0.0.0/>"; destination host is: "hdfs":9000;

Both nodes can access the HDFS running spark locally, and have valid kerberos
credentials, I know for the moment keytab is not supported for standalone mode,
but as long as the tokens I had when initiating the workers and masters are
valid this should work, shouldn't it?

I don't know anything about tokens on standalone. In YARN what we have to do is
something called "delegation tokens", the client asks (something) for tokens
granting access to HDFS, and attaches that to the YARN container creation
request, which is then handed off to the app master, which then gets to deal
with (a) passing them down to launched workers and (b) dealing with token
refresh (which is where keytabs come in to play)

Why not try sshing in to the worker-node as the spark user and run kinit there
to see if the problem goes away once you've logged in with Kerberos. If that
works, you're going to have to automate that process across the cluster