I am trying to submit a spark application using the command line. I used the
spark submit command for doing so. I initially setup my Spark application on
Eclipse and have been making changes on there. I recently obtained my own
version of the Spark source code and added a new method to RDD.scala. I
created a new spark core jar using mvn, and I added it to my eclipse build
path. My application ran perfectly fine.

Now, I would like to submit it through the command line. I submitted my
application like this:

bin/spark-submit --master local[2] --class "SimpleApp"
/Users/XXX/Desktop/spark2.jar

The spark-submit command is within the spark project that I modified by
adding new methods.
When I do so, I get this error:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD.treeTop(ILscala/math/Ordering;)Ljava/lang/Object;
        at SimpleApp$.main(SimpleApp.scala:12)
        at SimpleApp.main(SimpleApp.scala)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit$.org$apache$spark$deploy$SparkSubmit$$runMain(SparkSubmit.scala:569)
        at
org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit$.doRunMain$1(SparkSubmit.scala:166)
        at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit$.submit(SparkSubmit.scala:189)
        at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit$.main(SparkSubmit.scala:110)
        at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit.main(SparkSubmit.scala)

When I use spark submit, where does the jar come from? How do I make sure it
uses the jars that have built?