Actually the reverse.

Spark Streaming is really a micro batch system where the smallest window is 1/2
a second (500ms).
So for CEP, its not really a good idea.

So in terms of options…. spark streaming, storm, samza, akka and others…

Storm is probably the easiest to pick up,  spark streaming / akka may give you
more flexibility and akka would work for CEP.

Just my $0.02