To add more information beyond what Matei said and answer the original
question, here are other things to consider when comparing between Spark
Streaming and Storm.

* Unified programming model and semantics - Most occasions you have to
process the same data again in batch jobs. If you have two separate systems
for batch and streaming, its much much harder to share the code. You will
have to deal with different processing models, with their own semantics.
Compare Storm's "join" vs doing an usual batch join, where as Spark and
Spark Streaming share the same join semantics as they are based on same RDD
model underneath.

* Integration with Spark ecosystem - Many people really want to go beyond
basic streaming ETL and into advanced streaming analytics.
  - Combine stream processing with static datasets
  - Apply dynamically updated machine learning models (i.e. offline
learning and online prediction, or even continuous learning and
prediction),
  - Apply DataFrame and SQL operation with streaming
 These things are pretty easy to do with the spark ecosystem

* Operational management - You have to consider the operational cost of
managing two separate systems for batch and stream processing (with their
own deployment models), vs managing one single engine with one deployment
model.

* Performance - According to Intel's independent study, Spark Streaming in
Kafka direct mode can have 2.5-3x throughput than Trident with 0.5GB batch
size. And at that batch size, the latency of Trident is 30 seconds,
compared to 1.5 seconds for Spark Streaming. This is from a talk that Intel
gave in the Spark Summit (https://spark-summit.org/2015/) two days ago.
Slides will be available soon, but here is a sneak peek - throughput -
http://i.imgur.com/u6pf4rB.png   and latency - http://imgur.com/c46MJ4i
I will post the link to the slides when it comes out, hopefully next week.