Are you running on standalone deploy mode, what Spark version are you
running?

Can you explain a little more specifically what exception occurs, how to
provide the jar to Spark?

I tried in my local machine with command:

./bin/spark-submit --verbose --master spark://hw12100.local:7077
--deploy-mode cluster --class org.apache.spark.examples.SparkPi
examples/target/scala-2.10/spark-examples-1.5.1-hadoop2.7.1.jar

Seems Spark will upload this examples jar automatically, don't need to
handle it manually.

Thanks
Saisai