Hi,

I am running spark job on yarn in cluster mode in secured cluster. I am
trying to run Spark on Hbase using Phoenix, but Spark executors are unable
to get hbase connection using phoenix. I am running knit command to get the
ticket before starting the job and also keytab file and principal are
correctly specified in connection URL. But still spark job on each node
throws below error:

15/12/01 03:23:15 ERROR ipc.AbstractRpcClient: SASL authentication failed.
The most likely cause is missing or invalid credentials. Consider 'kinit'.
javax.security.sasl.SaslException: GSS initiate failed [Caused by
GSSException: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Failed to
find any Kerberos tgt)]
        at
com.sun.security.sasl.gsskerb.GssKrb5Client.evaluateChallenge(GssKrb5Client.java:212)

I am using Spark 1.3.1, Hbase 1.0.0, Phoenix 4.3. I am able to run Spark on
Hbase(without phoenix) successfully in yarn-client mode as mentioned in
this link:

https://github.com/cloudera-labs/SparkOnHBase#scan-that-works-on-kerberos

Also, I found that there is a known issue for yarn-cluster mode for Spark
1.3.1 version:

Has anybody been successful in running Spark on hbase using Phoenix in yarn
cluster or client mode?

Thanks,
Akhilesh Pathodia