I've noticed this happening when there was some dependency conflicts, and
it is super hard to debug.
It seems that the KinesisClientLibrary version in Spark 1.5.2 is 1.3.0, but
it is 1.2.1 in Spark 1.5.1.
I feel like that seems to be the problem...

Brian, did you verify that it works with the 1.6.0 branch?

Thanks,
Burak