Hi,

Thanks for your response, that really helped.

However, I don't believe the job is being submitted. When I run spark
from the shell, I don't need to start it up explicitly. Do I need to
start up Spark on my machine before running this program?

I see the following in the SPARK_HOME\bin directory:
Name
----
beeline.cmd
load-spark-env.cmd
pyspark.cmd
pyspark2.cmd
run-example.cmd
run-example2.cmd
spark-class.cmd
spark-class2.cmd
spark-shell.cmd
spark-shell2.cmd
spark-submit.cmd
spark-submit2.cmd
sparkR.cmd
sparkR2.cmd

Do I need to run anyone of them before submitting the job via the program?

Thanks & regards
Arko